Each chakra is connected to different parts of the body, and also different concerns so that one can focus directly on the specific chakra centre. The seven chakras are as follows:
1. The base chakra or root chakra, which is the lowest of the seven chakras. The root chakra is found and located at the bottom of the spine which is the simplest of the seven, this chakra is orange-red in color rand relates to our physical strength as well as the sense of smell and taste, you can use this chakra to summon your courage and physical strength.
2. The sacral or belly, is red or even pink in color and located just below the navel, this chakra controls the sexual energy. It influences the release of adrenaline in the body and can keep on a high state of alert; it also governs the digestive system.
3. The solar plexus chakra is located below the breast bone and above the navel, the solar plexus chakra is Green or light red, this chakra controls the adrenal glands, and when out of balance it can affect the stomach, also the liver and pancreas.
4. The Heart chakra is located in the center of the chest and in the middle of your shoulder blades. the color of the heart chakra is golden it relates to emotions such as love and compassion, if this chakra becomes blocked this can also effect the lungs , and also effect breathing and the immune system in general.
5. The Throat chakra is located at the top of the throat, the color for this chakra is blue, this chakra also relates to creativity and self-expression. When this become s blocked it can also effect other areas such as ears, eyes, nose and mouth.
6.The third eye, is located in the forehead between the eyes the color for this chakra is blue and or purple and this relates to pituitary gland, it influences intelligence, intuition and psychic ability, when this becomes blocked it can affect the head, the eyes, and also the brain. This chakra can be used for psychic awareness and harmony.
7. The crown chakra, is located at the top of the head. It is usually a glowing purple color and also white. This chakra will not open unless all the chakras are in balance. When it is open you will experience the highest connection to the universal mind by your mental and physical self. This chakra can be used when striving for wisdom and protection.
Each chakra vibrates or rotates at a different speed. The root or first chakra rotates at the slowest speed, the crown or seventh chakra at the highest speed. Each chakra is stimulated by its own and complimentary color, and a range of gemstones for specific uses. The chakra colors are of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. The size and brightness of the wheels vary with individual development, physical condition, energy levels, disease, or stress.
If the chakras are not balanced, or if the energies are blocked, the basic life force will be slowed down. The individual may feel listless, tired, out of sorts, or depressed. Not only will physical bodily functions be affected so diseases may manifest, but the thought processes and the mind may also be affected. A negative attitude, fear, doubt, etc. may preoccupy the individual.
A constant balance between the chakras promotes health and a sense of well being. If the chakras are opened to much, a person could literally short circuit themselves with too much universal energy going through the body. If the chakras are closed, this does not allow for the universal energy to flow through them properly which may also lead to dis-ease.
Most of us react to unpleasant experiences by blocking our feeling and stopping a great deal of our natural energy flow. This affects the maturation and development of the chakras. Whenever a person blocks whatever experience he is having, he in turn blocks his chakras, which eventually become disfigured. When the chakras are functioning normally, each will be open, spinning clockwise to metabolize the particular energies needed from the universal energy field.